Understanding SEO Consultants & the Consulting Process
Mr Sykes is our Senior Consultant and Director of Strategy at Benedict. Based in London him and his team are available to work on improving organic search traffic to your business's website. Are you thinking about hiring a SEO Consultant and wondering why you might need one? Or wondering what a Google Consultant does?
We will answer these questions and more about online marketing consulting. Mr Sykes is our Senior SEO Strategist and oversees all client campaigns. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable and has more resources at his disposal than any other SEO individual in the UK.
Need Consulting To Help With Your Website? Benedict offers extremely competitive, highly experienced, professional website consulting services, for UK businesses, wanting to rank highly in a Google search.
We offer tailored packages and hourly rates, buy as little as you need, when you need it.
Basic process of what a search consultant will look to develop with a client
Overall SEO Strategy:
In partnership with the client would devise a strategy that would plan ways to achieve new targets of enquiries/sales made through the website. Elements could include content marketing, code optimisation, user journey optimisation all with clear goals / targets to measure success.
It is not necessary to re-invent the wheel; whichever website is ranking #1 for your core keyword tells us exactly what we need to know. Examples of research could include:
- Keyword analysis / Competitor analysis.
- Anchor text / internal site structure.
- Content, amounts and use of language / Content optimisation.
- Code optimisation and use of html.
- Back link profile plus recent gained / lost back links analysis.
- Use of trust factors and social media links.
- Analysis of Google search console / Analytics, Google +, Webmaster tools.
- Benedict would look to create a content strategy based both on existing content, competitor analysis, and through discussion around core keywords.
- Client would look to Benedict to write content using creative onsite solutions that engage the visitor and drive larger amounts of traffic to the site from Google.
- Content can include PR and press releases and we would to implement a best practice system where external outreach content was first utilised on the website before being handed over to other websites.
On page optimisation plan
- Through a process of research we can optimise and implement changes to the site in terms of maximizing benefit from existing content, to improving the code and overall functionality or UI experience.
- Part of this process is the agreeing / creating of hub pages and examining the sites internal link structure and how this can be improved to increase traffic / conversion levels.
- Another part of the process is having the correct “trust factors” in place.
- As new pages and content are created we build new links to help maximize the overall SEO effect.
- Backlink profile / Check back link profile and disavow redundant links.
- Build new links built on theme pages from sites that rank well / create content
- Agree anchor text strategy.
What to do next?
You have a choice, you can buy consultancy hours in a block of 10 hours and use them to solve a current problem or to outline a complete strategy for your business. Alternatively you can purchase one or our SEO packages. Perhaps it would be best to telephone 020 8405 6418. The first hour's consultation is free of charge and any obligation. Perhaps a fresh pair of eyes is all that is needed.
£120 per hour
£100 if purchased in blocks of 10 hours or by the job / task
Good work takes time.
- We are often asked this question. Organic search is all about hurry up and wait. We are working at Google's algorithm's pace. This does not mean that every time Google indexes you site there should be improvements. There are many algorithmic calculations of which rescoring a site's content and code is only part of it, there are backlinks to consider etc.
- However SEO when done correctly can show phenomenal improvements in under 6 weeks. We often expect to double a client's traffic in a year. However it would misleading to say that SEO is fast. If you want instant results and forget the budget then we would recommend PPC.
- See Google guide to choosing an SEO consultant.
What can an SEO expert do for you?
Identifies Problems & Opportunities
After an SEO Specialist has examined the profile of your website, your Consultant goes to work identifying problems and opportunities. Those may be certain problems you can point out, however a good Consultant will have a process to identify on and off page problems and opportunities, which a client has not identified.
A new SEM brings fresh eyes, fresh experience and an open mind to your online enterprises, often providing a completely different perspective than that of someone who has been running the core website for some time.