1. How is the site performing now, what are its strengths, how is it better / worse that previously? What were the successes in the past, what changes have been made since, how has this helped?
2. What is the traffic to the site, where is it coming from (keyword / Google organic / PPC) etc.?
3. What products/services are being sold through the website, if so how many? What products/services are most lucrative?
4. How does the company wants to be perceived, is this reflected in the current site? What are the plans for the future of the company and how does the website(s) fit into the overall strategy?
5. The company is looking to out source its SEO, what resources are available internally to support SEO?
6. What would be the outcome of a successful SEO strategy? Number of enquiries / sales?
Successful SEO is based on a strong, focused strategy. A plan provides clear direction on where you want to take your website and often starts with research and analysis to identify what is required to be successful. You can download the above in a word document, 9 background questions for creating a successful SEO strategy and have it to hand when calling 020 8405 6418. We are always here and always available to talk.
We appreciate that many of these questions may not have an answer, but this is just the beginning of a process in understanding your company's digital landscape and a starting point to creating a clear direction with achievables, milestones and targets.