The following terms and conditions apply to all Internet Marketing, website design and development, website and internet services and general marketing services offered by Benedict . By ordering services from Benedict , the client is agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
1. The acceptance of a signed purchase order, clearly stating that terms and conditions have been read shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Benedict for an initial three month period, followed by the option of extending that contract for a further twelve month period.
2. Benedict cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
3. All material, both text and images supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client's website, will remain the client's property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
4. The copyright for all material provided by Benedict , such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Benedict until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client. Websites purchased to assist a client's campaign remain the property of Benedict unless bought by the client.
5. Benedict makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
6. Benedict will submit a client's website to several of the major search engines as part of a design Knowall commission.
7. If a client wishes Benedict to promote a website as a separate marketing commission then additional contracts and quotations need to be issued. Whilst Benedict will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively, ethically and responsibility it cannot make any guarantee of results. Benedict can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site or other online entity, submitted to as part of a website promotion commission, chooses not to list a client's website.
8. Supporting websites remain the property of Benedict, your SEO Consultant in terms of domain name. The content of the website in terms of copy and images remain the property of the client. Supporting websites can be purchased by the client as an entirety subject to approval.
9. All research data, email addresses and web enquiries gathered whilst a marketing campaign is being processed remain the property of the client.
10. All website marketing campaigns must receive payment in advance.
11. Benedict will initially place the client's website on one of Benedict 's demonstration servers during the project, in order that the client may view and comment upon the website's progress. When both Benedict and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Benedict will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Benedict will publish the website on the client's server, Benedict ’s servers, or provide the source code for the site via a download for the client to upload.
12. If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Benedict judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
13. If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Benedict will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
14. Benedict expects payment by cheque, credit card or cash within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
15. Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a £25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
16. Payments for single internet marketing campaigns are made quarterly in advance.
17. Benedict does not undertake to maintain or update a client's website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Benedict to maintain or update a website as a separate commission, Benedict will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Website maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
18. Benedict reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Benedict prior to a change in prices that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase. By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected. Benedict reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.
see SEO contract example